Last revision: September 11, 2018
Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Co., Ltd. (registered at No. 18 on Wusha Haibin Road, Chang’an
Town, Dongguan City) and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as "OPPO" or "We")
covers how we collect, use, disclose, transmit, and store your personal information when you use your
or submit your personal information to understand our practice regarding customer privacy.
This Policy will help you understand:
III How do we collect and use your personal information
IV How do we keep your personal information
V How do we disclose your personal information
VI How do we protect your personal information
VII Your rights to your personal information
VIII How do we handle children’s personal information
IX Third-party service providers and their services
X How does your personal information transfer globally
"Affiliate" means a company associated with OPPO by reason of joint ownership or
"Third party" means a company or person (that is, a non-affiliated company) or other non-relevant person who is not associated by joint ownership or control. A third party can be a financial or non-financial company or a person other than you and OPPO.
"Personal information" means any information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons.
1. What is Cookie?
2. Cookie we use
(3) Many web browsers are featured by Do Not Track. This feature makes a “Do Not Track” request to a website. If your browser has Do Not Track enabled, all of our sites will respect your choice.
(4) Like most sites, we automatically collect information to analyze cumulative trends and manage our sites. This information may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), reference/exit page, files you view on our site (such as HTML pages or graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamps, and/or click-stream data.
3. Clear/Disable Cookie
Managing Cookie and Cookie preferences must be done within your browser’s options/preferences. Here is a guide on this operation in common browser software:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Safari for macOS
Safari for iOS
OPPO collects information for more efficient operations and provides you with the best product
experience. Our channels for collecting personal information include: (1) the information directly
provided by you; (2) the data we record on how you interact with our products; and/or (3) your data
obtained from third parties.
The information we collect depends on the environment in which you interact with OPPO, the choices you
make (including your privacy settings), and the products and features you use. It is worth
we usually identify the delivery area recorded in the mobile phone package box as the actual use
of the mobile phone, and comply with local laws and regulations, including data protection.
The personal information we collect includes:
1. In order to provide you with Realme account registration and login services, we need to collect your mobile phone number or email address, password, user name, avatar and gender. Among them, the mobile phone number or the email address or password are necessary for account registration or login. If you do not provide the above information, we will not be able to provide you with an account registration or login service;
2. Depending on the legal requirements of your country, we may also collect your date of birth to determine whether you are a minor;
3. If your country's relevant laws and regulations have real name authentication provisions, we will also collect your real name authentication information, such as your name and identity card number;
4. To ensure the security of your account, we need to collect your login address, IP, device information (such as IMEI), emergency contact information for each time, and record your acts during the account login (such as change of password, change of binding mobile phone number, email number or complaint record);
5. In order to provide you with customer service (such as repairing mobile phones, exchanging goods, etc.), we need to collect your name, contact address, telephone number, equipment information, order information, etc.;
6. If you participate in the interaction of the OPPO platform, such as messages, comments, posts, we will record and display your content on the OPPO platform;
7. If you enable cloud service, you can also synchronize your photo albums, contacts, notes, calendars, browser bookmarks and favorites, SMS, call records, system settings, installed application lists, recording, WIFI settings and other data to the cloud backup, making it easier for you to recover data;
8. In order to optimize product features and customize your user experience, we need to obtain your operational behavior data, such as product feature usage statistics.
We will ask your consent in advance when we wish to use the information for other purposes not specified in this Policy. When we want to use the information collected for a specific purpose for other purposes, we will seek your prior consent. We will not provide the user’s personal information and behavior data to third parties without the user’s consent.
Our retention period for personal information is the minimum time required to achieve the purpose of collection, unless the law requires a longer retention period. When the above retention period is exceeded, we will delete or anonymize your personal information.
1. OPPO may from time to time share some of the personal information with its affiliates and strategic
partners who work with OPPO to deliver products and services, so as to provide the product or service
that you require. Your personal information will not be shared with a third party for its own marketing
or commercial purposes.
(2) Share with authorized partners: Some of our services will be provided by authorized partners only for the purposes stated in this Policy. We may share some of your personal information with our partners to provide better customer service and user experience. Our authorized partners include but are not limited to logistics companies, cloud service providers, technical service providers, etc. For example, when we need to deliver an event prize for you, we will inform the logistics company of the contact information you have reserved for such event so as to complete the delivery.
We only share your personal information for legitimate, rightful, necessary, specific, and explicit purposes, and only share the personal information necessary to provide the service. Our partners do not have the right to use shared personal information for any other purpose.
2. We will publicly disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
(1) With your express consent;
(2) Disclosure on the basis of law: In cases where there is a mandatory requirement to comply with subpoena or other legal proceedings, litigation or mandatory requirements of the competent governmental authority, we may disclose your personal information if we sincerely believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraudulent acts or respond to government requests.
1. We have taken reasonable and feasible measures and technical measures to protect the information collected in relation to services. Please note that while we have taken reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is absolutely secure.
2. We have protected your personal information with industry-standard security measures from
unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss of data We will take all
reasonable and feasible measures to protect your personal information, including:
(1) We use technologies such as SSL to encrypt many services. Practices in the collection, storage and processing of information (including physical security measures) are regularly reviewed to avoid unauthorized access to various systems.
(2) We only allow access to personal information by OPPO employees who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and to people from the service companies authorized to process it. They are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. If they fail to comply with these obligations, they may be held liable or their relationship with the OPPO may be terminated.
(3) The security of your information is very important to us. Therefore, we will continue to work to protect your personal information security, and implement security encryption and other safeguards throughout storage and transmission to prevent your information from being accessed, used or disclosed without authorization. At the same time, the specific content of some encrypted data is only accessible by the user.
(4) When we transmit and store your particular type of personal information, we use security measures such as encryption; when we store personal biometric information, technical measures will be used to process the information before it is stored. For example, only the summary of personal biometric information will be stored.
3. In the event of a personal information security incident, we will comply with the requirements of the laws and regulations, and will inform you in time of the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident, the disposal measures we have taken or will take, the suggestions you can take to prevent and reduce the risk, or the remedial measures. We will inform you of the event by mail, letter, telephone or notice. When it is difficult to inform the user of personal information one by one, we will issue the announcement in a reasonable and effective manner. At the same time, we will also actively report the handling of personal information security incidents in accordance with requirements of the regulatory authorities.
OPPO respects your right to your personal information. Here is a list of your legal rights and how we
will protect them. Please note that for security reasons, we may verify your identity before processing
your request. We do not charge a fee in principle for your reasonable request. However, for repeated
requests that exceed a reasonable limit, we will charge a certain cost as the case may be. We may
reject requests that are unwarranted, require excessive technical means (for example, to develop new
systems or radically change existing practices), pose a risk to the legitimate rights and interests of
others, or are highly unrealistic. In addition, if your request is directly related to national
security, national defense security, public health, criminal investigation and other matters directly
related to the public interest, or is likely to cause serious damage to the legitimate rights and
interests of yours or other individuals or organizations, we may not be able to respond to your
handle your personal
information. We are committed to transparency in the use of your information.
2. Access right: If you want to exercise data access right, you can log in to your OPPO account in "Setting - OPPO Account" to access the information you provided when you registered your OPPO account.
3. Right of correction: You have the right to ask us to make corrections or additions when you find that the personal information we handle is incorrect or incomplete. You can correct or supplement your personal information by contacting our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Right of Deletion: You can request the deletion of your personal information by contacting our data protection officer at email@example.com, in the following cases:
(1) If we deal with personal information in violation of laws and regulations;
(2) If we collect and use your personal information without your consent;
(3) If our handling of personal information violates the agreement with you;
(4) If you no longer use our product or service, or if you cancel your account number;
(5) If we no longer provide you with a product or service.
When you delete information from our service, we may not immediately delete the related information in the backup system, but will delete the information when the backup is updated.
5. Withdrawal of consent: Each business function requires some basic personal information to be completed (see "Part III: How do we collect and use your personal information"). You may at any time grant or withdraw your authorization for the collection and use of additional personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we will not be able to continue to provide you with the service corresponding to your withdrawal or authorization.
When you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process the relevant personal information, but your decision to withdraw your consent will not affect previous personal information processing based on your authorization. You may change your authorization of the scope for us to continue the collection of personnel information or withdraw your authorization by deleting information, shutting down device functionality or other manners.
6. Right of complaint: You have the right to contact online customer service by dialing 4001666888. We will reply within 15 days from the date of receiving your complaint.
1. Our products, websites and services are mainly for adults. Children are not allowed to create their
own user accounts without the consent of their parents or guardians. In cases where the personal
information of a child is collected with the consent of the parents, we will only use or publicly
disclose this information as permitted by law, with the explicit consent of the parent or guardian or
where it is necessary to protect the child. Anyone under 14 are regarded as a child.
2. If we find ourselves collecting the child’s personal information without the prior consent of a verifiable parent, we will try to delete the relevant data as soon as possible.
1. Our service may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. You can choose
whether to visit or accept websites, products, and services offered by third parties.
2. We have no control over the privacy and data protection policies of third parties, which are not subject to this Policy. Before submitting personal information to third parties, please see the privacy protection policies of these third parties.
1. In principle, the personal information we collect and generate in the People's Republic of China
will be stored within the territory of the People's Republic of China.
2. Since we provide products or services through resources and servers worldwide, this means that, with your authorization, your personal information may be transferred to a foreign jurisdiction in the country/region where you use the product or service, or be visited from these jurisdictions.
3. Such jurisdictions may have different data protection laws or even have no related laws. In such cases, we will ensure that your personal information is adequately and equally protected as it is within the territory of the People's Republic of China. For example, we may request your consent to move personal information across borders, or implement security measures such as encryption or de-identification prior to cross-border data transfer.
We reserve the right to update or modify this policy from time to time. We will notify you any change
through different channels. If you provide us with an email address for getting notice of any major
takes effect. Otherwise, we will post notices on our website or push notifications to you through our
The content of the Realme account products and services described in this agreement may vary depending on the type of mobile phone you use, the version of the system, or the requirements of the local laws and regulations. The final products and services shall be subject to those in the phone and system you use.
No. 18 on Wusha Haibin Road, Chang’an Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China