Most updated date: Feb 21 2020
realme Chongqing Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd., a company with its registered address at No.178 Yulong Avenue, Yufengshan, Yubei District, Chongqing，PRC China, and its affiliated companies (including but not limited to ASCENSION INTERNATIONAL TRADING CO., LIMITED) (hereinafter referred to as "realme" or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
realme is a "data controller" within the meaning of EU General Data Protection Regulation n°2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (GDPR). This means that we are responsible for deciding how we collect and process your personal data, as well as complying with the provisions of GDPR in doing so.
III How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
IV How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
V How We Disclose Your Personal Data
VI How We Protect Your Personal Data
VII Your Rights to Your Personal Data
VIII How We Process Children's Personal Data
IX Third-Party Service Providers and Their Services
X How Your Personal Data Is Transferred Globally
XII Contact Us
"Affiliated Company" refers to a company that is related to realme due to joint ownership or control.
"Third Parties" refer to companies or persons who do not have a related relationship arising out of joint ownership or control with realme (i.e., a non-affiliated company) or other non-related persons. Third parties can be financial or non-financial companies, or persons other than you and realme.
"Personal Data" refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are transferred from our websites, applications or services and stored on your device. realme’s websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use "cookies" and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. We could not access to cookies which are not set by realme.
- How long will cookies stay on your device?
（1）Session cookies – such cookies will only last until your browser is closed and will not be stored on your hard drive. Session cookies are generally used to track the pages on a site that you visit so that information can be customized in relation to a specific visit to a page of the website.
（2）Persistent cookies – such cookies will be stored on your hard drive until you actively choose to delete them or when each cookie reaches its expiry date. Such cookies can be used to store your preferences when you use this site. We will limit the lifetime of our cookies to the maximum period as required by applicable laws and so you may be asked about your cookie preference again when such period expired.
- We will use the following types of cookies:
（1）Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and services. Such cookies may include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
（2）Analytical or performance cookies – These are cookies that allow us to count the number of visitors to our website and to inform us about how visitors are using our website in order to provide improvements to the way that this site works. These cookies shall be placed only with your explicit consent.
（3）Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you visit or return to our website. This allows us to personalise the content of this site for you and to recognise your preferences when you visit this site (e.g. choice of language).
（4）Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertisement displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These cookies will be placed only with your explicit consent.
- Our cookie usage is limited to the following purposes:
(3) If the "Do Not Track" function is enabled on your browser, we will respect your choice.
(4) Like most websites, we automatically collect certain information to analyze general usage trends and manage our websites. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- Removing/disabling cookies
Cookies and cookie preferences shall be managed from the Options/Preferences panel of your browser. See below instructions on how to manage cookies on certain popular browsers:
- More information about cookies
For more information about cookies and instructions on how to configure your browser to accept, delete or reject cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
III How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
realme collects data to improve operational efficiency and to optimize our Websites and your product experience. Our channels for collecting personal data include: (1) you provide your data to us directly, (2) we obtain certain data about how you interact with our products, and/or (3) we may obtain certain data about you from third parties.
The data we collect depends on the environment in which you interact with realme and/or realme’s products, the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. It is worth noting that we usually treat the shipping area recorded on the mobile phone box as the actual location where your phone is used and comply with local laws and regulations, including those for data protection.
- Personal Data We Collect
(1) Information Directly Provided by You
The services we provide for you may require you to provide information directly to us. For instance:
- Filling out a warranty card/electronic warranty card requires you to complete a personal profile. In these services, we may ask you to provide personal data to set up a personal profile. Types of personal data include name, address, mobile number, device ID, model of phone, etc.
- If you order products from us, request a return or refund, or use a paid service, we may collect your delivery details, bank account number, credit card details, billing address, information for credit check and other financial information, contact and communication records, etc., so we can process your order.
- Some of our services allow you to communicate and share information with others. The communicated or shared content may be transmitted through and stored in our system.
- Face and Fingerprints Recognition enables rapid unlocking of your device with your pre-recorded facial or fingerprint information. To achieve this function, you will need to provide your facial information or your fingerprint information from different angles. Such information will only be stored locally within your device and will not be uploaded onto our servers. Therefore, it is impossible for us to disclose such information to any third party or use it for any other purpose.
We may ask you to provide personal data and collect it under other circumstances, such as when you enter in prize draws or competitions, participate in promotional or marketing activities organized by us or our business partners, complete questionnaires, participate in user forums or blogs hosted by us or our business partners. The information you provide helps us design and improve the products and services. We may match your information with third-party data to better understand your needs.
(2) Service Usage Information
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about your use of our services through software on your device and other means. We may collect:
- Device information — such as device name, device model, region and language settings, device identification number (IMEI number, etc.), device hardware information and status, usage habits, IP address, MAC address, operating system version, and settings of the device used to access the service or those of a third-party provider.
- Log information — such as when and how long the service is used, search terms entered through the service, and error log information of your device. The Android system is designed in such a way that your error or crash logs will include the overall information when the events occur, which may sometimes include your personal data such as phone number, email address, Google account, Facebook account, etc. However, we have implemented security measures to ensure such information only to be used for error log analysis and not for personal identification or other purposes. We clear such data on a regular basis, usually within 30 days after collection.
- Location information — such as the GPS signal of the device or information about Wi-Fi access points and cell towers nearby, device location ID, network service provider ID. We will ask you if you want to enable location-based services for the various location-based apps. You can modify the location settings of your device from the device settings (such as changing or disabling the method or server used in location-based services or modifying the accuracy of your location information) to change the location information provided to us.
- Voice information — for example, audio that we record (and may store on our servers) when you use voice commands to control the device.
- Album information — for example, to provide you with the function to display photo locations as well as to classify your photos and videos, we need to collect the latitude and longitude information of your photo and video files; when you search for a certain picture, we will collect the term you entered and the number of pictures identified locally .
- Camera — to ensure the camera app works normally, we collect the operational data (e.g., how many times you use the app), information about your device (e.g. IMEI, device model, IP address, version of operating system), characteristic information about the photos taken (e.g. photosensitivity, number of faces captured) and the information of available space left in your device.
- Other information about your use of the services — such as the version of the application being used, the website visited, and how you interact with the content provided through the service.
- Please note that we may cooperate with third-party service providers to achieve the above business functions, for instance, when a third-party service provider provides voice to text conversion services on our behalf, it may receive and store certain personal data. These third parties may not use this information for any other purpose.
(3) Obtaining Data from a Third Party
Where permitted by law, we may obtain data about you from public or commercial sources and may combine it with other information received or relevant to you. If you choose to use our services by logging in with third-party accounts such as Facebook, Google etc., we may also obtain your public information from these services, such as your alias, profile picture, etc.
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- with your prior explicit consent which can be withdrawn at any time at your request;
- so that we can perform or carry out a contract with you in relation to our products and/or services;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which realme is subject; or
- when necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by realme or a third party to whom it may be necessary to disclose information. Where we process your information in reliance on such grounds, we will only do so where we have appropriately balanced such interests against your right to privacy.
Examples of related usages are as follows:
- Provide Products and Services. The personal data we collect will be used to provide you with realme's products and services, process your orders or fulfil the contract between you and realme to ensure the functionality and safety of our products and services, to verify your identity, to prevent and investigate fraud or other improper use.
- Customer Support. We use data to diagnose product issues, repair customer equipment, and provide other customer care and support services. Your mobile user identification information, mobile device’s unique identifier, and geographic location information can be used to activate your warranty service and specific software licenses and may be used to invite you to participate in surveys. However, we will not use this information to track your location. We may also collect your email address to reply your questions or comments raised in the "Contact Us" section of our websites.
- Product and Service Improvements. We use data to constantly improve our products, including the addition of new features and functionality. For example, we use error reports to improve security features and use usage data to determine cell phone sequencing. We use mobile phone numbers obtained through offline sales channels, electronic warranties, and account registrations to conduct survey and return visit to users in order to improve user experience. We also use this information to improve our products and analyze the efficiency of our business operations.
- Commercial Promotion Activities.If you participate in prize draws, contests or similar promotional activities held by realme or our authorized partners, we will use the personal data you provide to manage such activities.
(2) With your consent, the personal data we collect will be used to personalize the product and to provide you with more tailored services, for example: your information can be used to recommend and display content and advertisements tailored to you on our services, or be used to conduct research and pay return visits to customers. In order to improve our products or services, with your consent, we may match your personal data (including but not limited to the de-identified location information) with third-party data to form a user profile so that we can conduct product development or deliver targeted product information to you (through post, email, phone, or fax).
(3) We may also process certain forms of “sensitive” personal data (in particular, biometric information where you choose to use such information for the purposes of securing your access to one of our devices) under the following lawful bases: (a) with your prior explicit consent; and/or (b) where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with legal or regulatory obligations (which include generally accepted standards of good practice within our industry) relating to the prevented of fraud, crime and/or other unlawful acts, dishonesty, malpractice or other seriously improper conduct.
IV How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
The retention period for your personal data is the minimum time necessary to realize the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by law. Beyond the above retention period, we will delete or anonymize your personal data.
V How We Disclose Your Personal Data
- At times realme may make certain personal information available to affiliated companies and other third parties that work with realme necessary to provide products and services. Your information will not be shared with third parties for their own independent marketing or commercial purposes.
- We will only share your personal data for lawful, legitimate, necessary, specific and clear purposes, and only personal data necessary for service provision will be shared. Our partners are not allowed to use the shared personal data for any other purposes.
- We may also disclose your personal data if it is compulsorily required by laws or authorities, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal proceedings, legal actions or government agencies, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud.
VI How We Protect Your Personal Data
- We have taken reasonably practical and technical measures to protect the collected information related to the service. However, please note that although we have taken reasonable measures to protect your information, no websites, Internet transmissions, computer systems or wireless connections are absolutely secure.
- We have taken safeguarding measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the personal data you provided and prevent data from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. We take all reasonably practical measures to protect your personal data. In particular:
(1) We will de-identify your personal data to mitigate the risk that other organizations or individuals may identify you on the basis of that personal information. We use SSL to encrypt many services. We review practices regarding information collection, storage and possessing (including physical security measures), to prevent unauthorized access.
(2) We only allow realme employees and personnel of authorized service companies to access such personal data on a need-to-know basis, in order to process such information or provide relevant services to you. These employees and external personnel are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. If they fail to perform these obligations, they may be held liable or their relationship with realme may be terminated.
(3) The security of your information is extremely important for us. Therefore, we endeavor to ensure the security of your personal data and implement measures such as full security encryption during storage and transmission to prevent your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. At the same time, no one can access the specific content of some encrypted data except the users themselves.
(4) When transmitting and storing your personal data of special categories, we use security measures such as encryption. We use technical measures to process your personal biometric information before storage. For instance, we store only the essential components of personal biometric information.
(5) We will prudently select business partners and service providers and implement the requirements for personal data protection to the business contracts or audits and assessments between both parties.
(6) We conduct security and privacy protection training, testing and other activities to enhance employees’ awareness and proficiency of personal data protection.
(7) We use international and industry-recognized standards to protect your personal data and actively pass relevant security and privacy protection certifications.
- In case of personal data security incident, we will act, in accordance with the applicable law.
VII Your Rights to Your Personal Data
realme will respect your legal rights to your personal data. Below are the rights that you have under law, and what realme does to protect those rights. Please note that for the sake of security, we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request.
- The right to access: If you wish to access your personal data, you can access the information you provided by contacting email@example.com.
- The right to rectification: If you find that your personal data we process about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask us to make rectifications. You can rectify your information. You can rectify your information via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to erasure: You can submit a request to us to delete personal data if we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it. You can delete your information via contacting email@example.com.
- The right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask realme to restrict how we process your personal data. We will keep just enough data or process such data necessary for us to make sure we respect your restriction request in the future. You can realize your right to restriction of processing via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to data portability: To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move copy or transfer your personal data easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usage. You can exercise your right to data portability by contacting email@example.com.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to realme processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for statistics purposes. You can object realme processing your data via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent to process your personal data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and realme will stop processing your data. You can withdraw your consent via contacting email@example.com.
- The right to object automated individual decision-making: You have right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. If these decisions significantly affect your lawful rights, you are entitled to ask for an explanation via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, which we will respond to and take appropriate measures to resolve, as necessary.
We will respond and reply to your above requests as soon as possible, and generally no later than one month upon receipt of your request. (If necessary and as permitted by law, we may extend it by an additional two months. We will inform you the reason for the extension within the aforementioned one month, for example, if the request is complex or involves a large volume of data).
Please note that for security reasons, we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request on a strict need-to-know basis. In principle, we do not charge a fee for your reasonable request. However, for multiple and repetitive requests that exceed reasonable limit, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover some costs depending on the nature of the request. We may refuse requests that are manifestly unfounded, unreasonably repetitive, or require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, require the development of new systems). In addition, we may not respond to requests that directly concern significant issues of public interest or may cause serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals or entities.
VIII How We Process Children’s Personal Data
- Our products, websites and services are mainly adult-oriented. A child should not use our products, websites and services without his/her legal guardian’s consent. We treat anyone under 18 years old (or equivalent minimum age for full legal capacity in relevant jurisdiction) as a child.
- When we find that a child’s personal data is collected, we will delete the relevant data as soon as possible.
IX Third-Party Services Providers and Their Services
- realme websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. You can choose whether to access websites, products and services provided by third parties or not.
X How Your Personal Data Is Transferred Globally
- In principle, the personal data collected and produced within the territory of European Union is stored within the territory of the European Union.
- We provide products and services based on our resources and servers around the world. This means, in compliance with applicable laws, your personal data (e.g., IMEI, mobile phone number, email address, and user name) might be transferred to or accessed from jurisdictions outside of the jurisdiction where you use our products or services.
- In case your personal data is transferred by realme to countries located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are taken, such as:
(1) the recipient of the personal data is located within a country that benefits from a full "adequacy" decision of the European Commission under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Act (GDPR);
(2) the recipient may have adhered to binding corporate rules (only for intragroup transfers);
(3) the recipient has signed a contract based on "model contractual clauses" approved by the European Commission under Article 47 of GDPR, obliging them to protect your personal data; or
(4) where the recipient is located in the US, it is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In the absence of the above appropriate safeguards, we will ask you for your explicit consent for cross-border transmission of your personal data. In the meantime, security measures such as encryption or de-identification will be adopted for the safety of your personal data.
For more information about the safeguards relating to personal data transfers outside of the EEA, please contact us via email@example.com.
No.178 Yulong Avenue, Yufengshan, Yubei District, Chongqing，PRC China