Last updated date: July. 17TH 2020
Thank you for using our products and services! We respect your concerns about privacy and appreciate your trust in us.
What information do we process?
We process information about you that you directly provide to us or that we collect when you use our products and services. We may also receive information about you from third parties..
How do we use your personal data?
We will always use your personal data to deliver devices to you, support those devices and provide our services to you.
How long do we keep your information?
We generally retain your information only for the minimum period necessary to realize the purpose of process, unless otherwise required by applicable laws.
How we share your personal information?
How we protect your personal data?
We take security of your data very seriously. We have implemented various organisational and technical measures to protect your information.
Your rights to your personal data.
Under the applicable personal data protection legislations, you may have certain rights with respect to your information, such as rights of access, to receive a copy of your data, or to delete your data or restrict or object to our processing of your data.
How we process children’s data?
Our products, websites and services are aimed at users who are at least  years old. We try not to collect and use children’s’ data. We do not knowingly process children’s data and try not to process children's data.
How your personal data is transferred globally?
We provide products and services globally and your personal information may be transmitted and transferred across borders (regions), and stored and processed in the target country (region). We will ensure that appropriate legal safeguards are in place for such transfers.
How will we notify you of changes?
If you have any questions about anything in this policy, please contact email@example.com.
Realme Chongqing Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd., a company with its registered address at No.178 Yulong Avenue, Yufengshan, Yubei District, Chongqing，PRC China, and its affiliated companies (including but not limited to ASCENSION INTERNATIONAL TRADING CO., LIMITED) (hereinafter referred to as "realme" or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
realme is a "data controller" within the meaning of EU General Data Protection Regulation n°2016/679 of 27 April 2016 ("GDPR"). This means that we are responsible for deciding how we collect and process your personal data, as well as complying with the provisions of GDPR in doing so.
- How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
- How We Disclose Your Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- Your Rights to Your Personal Data
- How We Process Children's Personal Data
- Third-Party Service Providers and Their Services
- How Your Personal Data Is Transferred Globally
- How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
This section describes the different types of personal data we collect from you and how we collect it. We collects data to improve operational efficiency and to optimize our Websites and your product experience. We may collect your personal information in three ways:
(1) if you provide your data to us directly;
(2) if we obtain certain data about how you interact with our products; and/or
(3) we may obtain certain data about you from third parties.
The data we collect depends on the scenarios in which you interact with realme and/or realme’s Products, the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. It is worth noting that we usually treat the shipping area recorded on the mobile phone box as the actual location where your phone is used and comply with local laws and regulations, including those for data protection.
1.1 Personal Data We Collect
1.1.1 Information Directly Provided by You
The services we provide for you may likely to ask you to provide personal information. If you do not provide the relevant information, you may in certain situations not be able to achieve the specific purpose for a particular scenario. For example, you cannot purchase a realme Product, our call center cannot reach you and provide you with pre-sales or after-sales service.
Here are some of scenarios:
- Filling out a warranty card/electronic warranty card requires you to complete a personal profile. In these services, we may ask you to provide personal data to set up a personal profile. Types of personal data include name, address, mobile number, device ID, model of phone, etc.
- If you order products from us, request a return or refund, or use a paid service, we may collect your delivery details, bank account number, credit card details such as card number holder name and authentication information, billing address, contact number and communication records, etc., so we can process your order.
- Certain Products allow you to communicate and share information with others. The communicated or shared content may be transmitted through and stored in our system. Such information comprises information you publicly post or receive and your messages to others.
- If you choose to set up Face and Fingerprints Recognition, which enables rapid unlocking of your device with your pre-recorded facial or fingerprint data, then you will need to provide your facial information or your fingerprint information from different angles. Such information will only be stored locally within your device and will not be uploaded onto our servers. Therefore, it is impossible for us to disclose such information to any third party or use it for any other purpose.
- Marketing: We will send you information about our products or offers that we think will be of your interest. We will send these to the email you provide during the subscription and registration. You may choose to stop receiving these by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of those emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may ask you to provide personal data and collect it under other circumstances, such as:
If you choose to enter in a prize draw or competition, or if you choose to participate in promotional or marketing activities organized by us or our business partners, if you choose to complete questionnaires, to participate on an online forums or blogs provided by us or our business partners, we will collect and process certain information from you.
1.1.2 Service Usage Information
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about your use of our services through software on your device and other means. We may collect:
- Device information — when you activate and use our Products, we will collect information about your device and network, such as device name, device model, region and language settings, device identification number (IMEI number, etc.), device hardware information and status, usage habits, IP address, MAC address, operating system version, and settings of the device used to access the service or those of a third-party provider.
- Log information — such as when and how long the service is used, search terms entered through the service, and error log information of your device. The Android system is designed in such a way that your error or crash logs will include the overall information when the events occur, which may sometimes include your personal data such as phone number, email address, Google account, Facebook account, etc. However, we have implemented security measures to ensure such information only to be used for error log analysis and not for personal identification or other purposes. We clear such data on a regular basis.
- Location information — such as the GPS signal of the device or information about Wi-Fi access points and cell towers nearby, device location ID, network service provider ID. We will ask you if you want to enable location-based services for the various location-based apps. You can modify the location settings of your device from the device settings (such as changing or disabling the method or server used in location-based services or modifying the accuracy of your location information) to change the location information provided to us.
- Voice information — if you choose to use voice commands to control your devices or certain services, we will process, record audio (and may store on our servers) to facilitate and effect your instructions.
- Album information — if you choose to use the function that allows for display of photo locations as well as to classify your photos and videos, we will need to collect the latitude and longitude information of your photo and video files in order to show this information to you; when you search for a certain picture, we will collect the term you entered and the number of pictures identified locally.
- Camera — to ensure that the camera app works normally, we collect limited amount of operational data (e.g., how many times you use the app), information about your device (e.g. IMEI, device model, IP address, version of operating system), characteristic information about the photos taken (e.g. photosensitivity, number of faces captured) and the information of available space left in your device.
- Other information about your use of the services — such as the version of the application being used, the website visited, and how you interact with the content provided through the service.
- Please note that we may cooperate with third-party service providers to achieve the above business functions, for instance, when a third-party service provider provides voice to text conversion services on our behalf, it may receive and store certain personal data for specific purpose, we will require such third parties not use this information for any other purpose.
1.1.3 Obtaining Data from a Third Party
We may legally obtain information about you from other sources including from public or commercial sources and may combine it with other information received or relevant to you. If you choose to use our services by logging in with third-party accounts such as Facebook, Google etc., we may also obtain certain information from these services, such as your alias, profile picture, etc.
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- with your prior explicit consent which can be withdrawn at any time at your request;
- to perform or carry out a contract with you in relation to our products and/or services;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which realme is subject; or
- when necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by realme or a third party to whom it may be necessary to disclose information. Where we process your information in reliance on such grounds, we will only do so where we have appropriately balanced such interests against your right to privacy.
Examples and purposes of related usages are as follows:
- Provide Products and Services. The personal data we collect will be used to provide you with realme's products and services, such as order processing, receipt and delivery of goods, refund of payment for goods, after-sales maintenance, implementation of electronic security plans, push system upgrade information, and other similar purposes to fulfil the contract between you and realme.
- Ensure the functionality and security. Used for authentication, verification your identity, security, fraud monitoring, archiving and backup purposes to prevent and investigate fraud or other improper use and to ensure functionality and safety of products and services provided to you by realme. The legal basis for such processing is our legal obligation to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security of such processing.
- Customer Support and Contact You Directly. In the process of providing products and services to you, we may contact you directly based on the contact information you have provided us. We use data to diagnose product issues, repair customer equipment, and provide other customer care and support services. Your mobile user identification information, mobile device’s unique identifier, and geographic location information can be used to activate your warranty service and specific software licenses and may be used to invite you to participate in surveys. However, we will not use this information to track your location. We may also collect your email address to reply your questions or comments raised in the "Contact Us" section of our websites.
- Product and Service Improvements. We use data to constantly improve our products, including the addition of new features and functionality. For example, we use error reports to improve security features and use usage data to determine cell phone sequencing. We use mobile phone numbers obtained through offline sales channels, electronic warranties, and/or account registrations to conduct survey and return visit to users in order to improve user experience. We also use this information to improve our products and analyze the efficiency of our business operations.
- Commercial Promotion Activities.If you participate in prize draws, contests or similar promotional activities held by realme or our authorized partners, we will use the personal data you provide to manage such activities.
2.2 With your consent, the personal data we collect will be used to personalize the product and to provide you with more tailored services, for example: your information can be used to recommend and display content and advertisements tailored to you on our services, or be used to conduct research and pay return visits to customers. In order to improve our products or services, with your consent, we may match your personal data (including but not limited to the de-identified location information) with third-party data to form a user profile so that we can conduct product development or deliver targeted product information to you (through post, email, phone, or fax).
2.3 We may also process certain forms of “sensitive” personal data (in particular, biometric information where you choose to use such information for the purposes of securing your access to one of our devices) under the following lawful bases: (a) with your prior explicit consent; and/or (b) where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with legal or regulatory obligations (which include generally accepted standards of good practice within our industry) relating to the prevented of fraud, crime and/or other unlawful acts, dishonesty, malpractice or other seriously improper conduct.
For more information about our Cookies policy, click here.
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
The retention period for your personal data is the minimum time necessary to realize the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by law. Beyond the above retention period, we will delete or anonymize your personal data.
- How We Share Your Personal Data
5.1 We will disclose your certain personal information between affiliated companies and other third parties that work with realme which is necessary to provide products and service. Your information will not be shared with third parties for their own independent marketing or commercial purposes.
5.2 We will only share your personal data for lawful, legitimate, necessary, specific and clear purposes, and only personal data necessary for service provision will be shared. Our partners are not allowed to use the shared personal data for any other purposes.
5.3 We may also disclose your personal data to regulators, judicial authorities, law enforcement agencies, and other third parties for safety, security, in compliance with law or in the performance of legal procedure. There are circumstances in which we are legally required to disclose information, such as to law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to comply with a legal obligation, process or request; to detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law.
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
6.1 We have taken reasonably practical and technical measures to protect the collected information related to the service. However, please note that although we have taken reasonable measures to protect your information, no websites, Internet transmissions, computer systems or wireless connections are absolutely secure.
6.2 We have taken safeguarding measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the personal data you provided and prevent data from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. We take all reasonably practical measures to protect your personal data. In particular:
6.2.1 We will de-identify your personal data to mitigate the risk that other organizations or individuals may identify you on the basis of that personal information. We use SSL to encrypt many services. We review practices regarding information collection, storage and possessing (including physical security measures), to prevent unauthorized access.
6.2.2 We only allow realme employees and personnel of authorized service companies to access such personal data on a need-to-know basis, in order to process such information or provide relevant services to you. These employees and external personnel are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. If they fail to perform these obligations, they may be held liable or their relationship with realme may be terminated.
6.2.3 The security of your information is extremely important for us. Therefore, we endeavor to ensure the security of your personal data and implement measures such as full security encryption during storage and transmission to prevent your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. At the same time, no one can access the specific content of some encrypted data except the users themselves.
6.2.4 When transmitting and storing your personal data of special categories, we use security measures such as encryption. We use technical measures to process your personal biometric information before storage. For instance, we store only the essential components of personal biometric information.
6.2.5 We will prudently select business partners and service providers and implement the requirements for personal data protection to the business contracts or audits and assessments between both parties.
6.2.6 We conduct security and privacy protection training, testing and other activities to enhance employees’ awareness and proficiency of personal data protection.
6.2.7 We use international and industry-recognized standards to protect your personal data and actively pass relevant security and privacy protection certifications.
6.3 In case of personal data security incident, we will act, in accordance with the applicable law.
- Your Rights to Your Personal Data
realme will respect your legal rights to your personal data. Some jurisdictions’ laws grant specific rights to individuals. For example, below are the rights that you have under applicable laws, if you are located in the United Kingdom, European Economic Area, Switzerland, the rights set out below apply to you. Please note that for the sake of security, we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request.
7.2 The right to access: If you wish to access your personal data, you can access the information you provided by contacting email@example.com.
7.3 The right to rectification: If you find that your personal data we process about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask us to make rectifications. You can rectify your information. You can rectify your information via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.4 The right to erasure: You can submit a request to us to delete personal data if we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it. You can delete your information via contacting email@example.com.
7.5 The right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask realme to restrict how we process your personal data. We will keep just enough data or process such data necessary for us to make sure we respect your restriction request in the future. You can realize your right to restriction of processing via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.6 The right to data portability: To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move copy or transfer your personal data easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usage. You can exercise your right to data portability by contacting email@example.com.
7.7 The right to object: You have the right to object to realme processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for statistics purposes. You can object realme processing your data via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.8 The right to withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent to process your personal data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and realme will stop processing your data. You can withdraw your consent via contacting email@example.com.
7.9 The right to object automated individual decision-making: You have right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. If these decisions significantly affect your lawful rights, you are entitled to ask for an explanation via contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, which we will respond to and take appropriate measures to resolve, as necessary.
We will respond and reply to your above requests as soon as possible. Please note that for security reasons, we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request on a strict need-to-know basis. In principle, we do not charge a fee for your reasonable request. However, for multiple and repetitive requests that exceed reasonable limit, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover some costs depending on the nature of the request. We may refuse requests that are manifestly unfounded, unreasonably repetitive, or require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, require the development of new systems). In addition, we may not respond to requests that directly concern significant issues of public interest or may cause serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals or entities.
Also, you can control your own personal information. For example, you can turn off the location sharing button to stop sharing your device's location information, or you can revoke prior consent for data collection and processing. However, please understand that once you make the above choice, you may not be able to enjoy the related services.
- How We Process Children’s Personal Data
8.1 Our products, websites and services are mainly adult-oriented and are not intended for children. A child should not use our products, websites and services without his/her legal guardian’s consent. By children, we mean users under the age of 18 years old, or in the case of a country where the minimum age for processing personal information differs, such different age.
8.2 We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under these ages for any purpose. If you believe that we have personal information of a child under these ages, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete such information.
- Third-Party Services Providers and Their Services
You can choose whether to access websites, products and services provided by third parties or not. To avoid any misunderstanding, please refer to third party's service agreement and read its privacy protection privacy before using products and services provided by third parties.
- How Your Personal Data Is Transferred Globally
10.1 In principle, the personal data collected and produced within the territory of European Union is stored within the territory of the European Union.
10.3 In case your personal data is transferred by realme to countries located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are taken, such as:
(1) the recipient of the personal data is located within a country that benefits from a full "adequacy" decision of the European Commission under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Act (GDPR);
(2) the recipient may have adhered to binding corporate rules (only for intragroup transfers);
(3) the recipient has signed a contract based on "model contractual clauses" approved by the European Commission under Article 47 of GDPR, obliging them to protect your personal data; or
(4) where the recipient is located in the US, it is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In the absence of the above appropriate safeguards, we will ask you for your explicit consent for cross-border transmission of your personal data. In the meantime, security measures such as encryption or de-identification will be adopted for the safety of your personal data.
For more information about the safeguards relating to personal data transfers outside of the EEA, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
No.178 Yulong Avenue, Yufengshan, Yubei District, Chongqing, PRC China
Our EU representative is Baradine Invest, S.L.U., with registered office at calle Príncipe de Vergara, 112, 1º, 28002, Madrid (Spain) and Tax Identification Number ESB88453998 and can be contacted at email@example.com