Learn why your phone has no service or poor signal and how to fix it.
Applicable for All realme smartphones.
No service, poor signal and unstable signal could be caused by the phone settings phone's software and your network provider. Follow these steps to fix the issues:
* When your phone shows No Service or Searching, you cannot make or receive phone calls, nor use. But is available for network connection.
Check your location
Make sure that you're in an area within operator's network coverage, otherwise your phone's network and communication signal reception will be affected or interrupted.
* If you're traveling internationally, make sure that you have shopped roaming plans and enable on your phone.
Remove your phone's case / shell
Remove your phone's third-party protective case if there is one, for that might affect the reception of signal.
Check phone settings
1. Enable SIM Card
•For ColorOS 5.2 and above: Go to [Settings] > [Dual SIM & Cellular], check if your SIM card is enabled.
2. Maximize use of the local network coverage.
•For ColorOS 5.2 and above: To fully get the local network coverage, go to [Settings] > [Dual SIM & Cellular], choose the [SIM] , click [Preferred network type] > [4G/3G/2G (Auto)].
3. If there is a VPN connection, disconnect it.
4. Reset APN to default Settings
•For ColorOS 5.2: Go to [Settings] > [Dual SIM & Cellular] choose the [SIM] , click [Access Point Name] > [Reset].
Reinsert the SIM card
Take out the SIM card, check if it is damaged, clean the chip and put the card back in, or try another SIM card on your phone to see if you fixed the issue.
* Your phone will fail to get networks and communication signals if the SIM card is seriously abrasive, degaussing or damaged, you need to get a new SIM card from the operator.
* If you cannot get 4G network on your phone, check if that is supported on your SIM card first.
Restart your phone
•Turn on wait about 8 seconds, then turn it off, and let your phone to get network and communication signals automatically.and
•Restart or force restart your realme phone.
Detect and update software version, detect and update your phone to [System updates] > [Settings]Go to Reset your realme phone to factory settings and the data on your phone first, then go to [Settings] > [Additional settings] > [Back up and reset] > [Factory data reset], reset your realme phone to its initial state and settings.
Contact your operatorTo check if the network outage is caused by operator's issues, contact your operator.
•Verify that your account is active, in good standing and has no limits.
•Make sure there are no temporary network failures and outages in your area.
•Make sure that the operator's network and communications services are not in a busy state.
•In network coverage areas, some do not support 4G network, while some such as Singapore and Taiwan do not support 2G network for the service has ceased.
* Pictures, settings and paths might differ from those of your phone, but that do not affect the description in this article.