Learn how to set a passcode on your phone to help protect your data.
Applicable for ColorOS 5.2. Check your ColorOS version in [Settings] > [About phone].
Set up a passcode.
1. Go to [Settings] > [Fingerprint, Face & Passcode], enter [Lockscreen Passcode], click [Turn on Passcode].
2. You'll be prompted to enter a 6-digit numeric code. If you want to use other passcode types, Click [Face] to enroll face passcode.
3. Click [Other Encryptions]. You can choose from four types of passcodes:
•Click 4-16 Digit Alphanumeric Code and set a passcode that contains four to sixteen numbers and/or letters as your preference.
•Click 4-16 Digit Numeric Code and set a numbers-only passcode that contains four to sixteen characters.
•Click 4-Digit Numeric Code and set a numbers-only passcode that contains four characters.
•Click Pattern Code and draw a pattern with at least four dots connected.
4. Change the passcode.
1. Go to [Settings] > [Face & Passcode] > [Lockscreen Passcode], click [Modify Passcode].
2. Draw or enter your current pattern or passcode to confirm.
* Your passcode, which is mainly used to unlock the phone, is also called [Lock screen passcode].
* When , you can create and use the passcode.
*If you or someone else enters the wrong passcode too many times, your device will disable itself temporarily. Emergency calls still be made before you can use your phone.
* Pictures, settings and paths might differ from those of your phone, but that do not affect the description in this article.