Learn the reason why phone won't connect to Wi-Fi and how to solve it.
Applicable for all realme Smartphones.
Wi-Fi network cannot be connected when your realme phone, the router (Wi-Fi signal emitter, cable or DSL modem), or the cable fails. Try the following steps:
* If you need to get connected to network immediately, it is recommended to temporarily use to avoid delays.
1. Make sure that your router is on and you're within range.
If you're too far from your router, you can't get a signal, so you cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network.
2. If asked, enter your correct Wi-Fi password.
If the Wi-Fi network you want to connect is encrypted, you need to enter the correct password. If the phone alerts "Incorrect password", enter the password again and turn on "Show password" for checking.
* If a saved Wi-Fi network cannot be connected, click [Remove this network], then enter the password and connect again.
3. Update Wi-Fi settings on your phone.
For devices of ColorOS 5.2 and earlier, go to [Settings] > [Wi-Fi (or WLAN)] > [Advanced setting] > [Saved Networks] and then we can edit. Here we can delete and search again and connect as per the requirement.
4. Restart the phone.
5. Check your router or cables.
6. Try the Wi-Fi network on other phones.
7. Factory data reset.
8. Still can't connect?